Biovista is a pioneer of systematic drug repositioning
Our scientists use Biovista’s technology platform to analyze massive data resources and identify non-obvious, mechanism-of-action based associations between compounds, molecular targets and diseases.
We use this insight to find new uses for existing drugs or drug combinations, assess their risk profile and advance them to PoC and Clinical Phase IIa/b sooner, cheaper and with a higher probability of success than has been possible to date.
New approaches for a new set of challenges in health-care
The healthcare industry is in a state of rapid change as it is working to meet a host of new challenges. To name a few:
- Pressure on drug pipelines from the patent cliff and a relative dearth of NCEs
- More stringent regulatory requirements, driving the need for real value-add in new products and meaningful differentiation from the standard of care
- Pressure from HMOs and Patient Advocacy Groups for cheaper and safer therapies and in diseases that so far have been ignored
- Removal of traditional market partitions: pharma is moving into the generics space and generics companies are looking to add value to their products.
- Non-typical alliances of stakeholders are creating new and powerful market entrants.
- Massive amounts of data generated by new technologies or collected from patients, waiting to be exploited. The issue is no longer access to data but interpretation of the right collection of data for the problem at hand
The challenge is significant, especially if one considers that our knowledge of biological systems and processes is incomplete, our knowledge of how exactly a disease modulates the healthy state is incomplete and our knowledge of how exactly a drug works in our bodies is also incomplete and in flux. Biovista believes that even if existing knowledge is incomplete, it contains hidden gems that if unearthed, organized, interpreted and shared in the right context can have significant impact on the bottom line.
We focus on empowering multi-disciplinary teams of subject matter experts with powerful platform technologies to develop our pipeline and deliver custom solutions for a drug, disease or molecular target of immediate business relevance to our partners.
Biovista’s business model combines our in-house core strengths with outsourcing and strategic partnering to create synergies that are transforming drug discovery and development.